2021 WCHS Parent and Student Graduation Information
***In order to participate in the graduation ceremony:
- You must have met all graduation requirements.
- Must be cleared of all school related debt. Checks and debit/credit cards will not be accepted after Friday, April 30th, 2021. Only cash and money orders can be used.
- You must attend and participate in graduation practice.
- You must purchase and wear a 2021 WCHS cap, gown and tassel.
- Diplomas will be available for pickup May 28, June 1, June 2 from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- May 24, 7:30 AM (Last names A-G) practice for 9:00 graduation.
- May 25, 7:30AM (Last names H-O) practice for 11:30 graduation
- May 25, 11:00AM (Last names P-Z) practice for 2:00 graduation.
- Must be cleared of all school related debt to participate in graduation practice. Only cash and money orders can be used.
- A meal will be provided prior to graduation practice.
- Chords will be given out at practice.
- Students will have the opportunity to leave their signature and handprint on a ceiling tile after graduation practice.
- Transcript requests will be available. Digital copies are free, but paper copies will be $2 each.
Wednesday, May 26th at 9:00 am, 11:30 am and 2:00 pm at the APSU Dunn Center
- All students must arrive at the Dunn Center 1 hour prior to the start of their ceremony.
- Students need to be appropriately dressed with their cap and gown ready or on.
- Cap and gown may NOT be decorated.
- No guest will be allowed on the graduation floor.
- There will be no personal items allowed on the graduation floor prior, during or after the ceremony.
- No air horns, cell phones, purses, silly string, noise makers, beach balls or other distracting items will be allowed on the graduation floor.
- Students should remember the serious and formal nature of the graduation ceremony.
- Students are to remain in their seats and file out in reverse order at the end of the ceremony.
- Dress shoes with a back
- Dark pants with collared dress shirt and tie
- Dark pants with a blouse
- Dress/top must have straps
- Dress/skirt must be at least mid-thigh
- No flip flops
- No shorts
Cords and Stoles
The following have been approved for graduation:
- Honors, Highest Honors, and CMCSS Academic Awards Recipient Cords
- Ready Graduate Cords
- Those earned through being a member of a nationally and CMCSS recognized academic honor society; such societies are distinguishable by having a minimum academic measure for acceptance such as a required GPA.
- Those earned by completing a course of study as a member of one of the CMCSS High School Academies.
- Those earned by having successfully completed JROTC for the duration of their high school career.
- Those earned by successfully completing the Gold Standard of the CMCSS Work Ethic Distinction.
- The following sashes or stoles may be worn:
- Those affiliated with the enlistment of a military service branch.
- Those earned by completing the associate degree pathway at Middle College.
- In compliance with State Board Policy, a volunteer pin recognizing students with 10 hours of community service for each semester of high school may be worn.
**If you have an issue with the appropriate dress for graduation, please contact Ms. Schmucker ([email protected]) or an administrator.