This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
The following supplies are REQUIRED EVERYDAY for my class:
- 1 1/2” Three-Ring Binder to keep graded work, important papers, etc… organized and protected
- Blue or black ink pen(s) or pencils (with erasers) – NO RED (or random colored) INK ALLOWED!
- Highlighters (at least 3 different colors)
- Plenty of college-rule notebook paper
The following supplies are RECOMMENDED for my class:
- A box of tissues
- A bottle of hand sanitizer
- #2 Pencils
Homework will be assigned as needed and will include reading as well as other assignments. Homework is expected to be completed by the next class period unless otherwise specified but may be turned in early. Students will be required to do independent reading outside of class for homework. It is imperative that students complete the assigned reading because the activities that will follow the next day in class will be based off that reading. To keep students accountable for their assigned reading, I will also administer a reading quiz the following day on the assigned reading; these quizzes cannot be retaken.
Students will be issued late work passes each nine weeks to be used to turn in late work with no point deductions. Late work turned in without a pass will receive a 25% deduction. If a student is absent the day the assignment is due, then there will be a “0” in the grade book until the student turns in the work. I also hold no responsibility if there is no name on the paper. It will be placed on the door with the class period in which it was turned in.
- Be on time, on task, and prepared to learn EVERY DAY!
- Keep all electronic devices put away.
- Be Responsible for your own learning (keep up with assignments and absent work).
- Respect the teachers, the classroom, and other students
- Follow all WCHS policies.
It is important for all students to follow the classroom/school rules and procedures. Disruptions to the learning environment not only make it difficult for the teacher to teach, they make it difficult for the other students to learn.
- Verbal Warning
- Parent Contact
- After-School Detention with Teacher *Students will have at least 24 hours notice (I usually try to schedule detentions within a 5 day period of the infraction)—if a student skips their detention, they will receive a discipline referral.
- Discipline Referral
NOTE: Some offenses require an immediate discipline referral (profanity, cell phone violations, possession of zero-tolerance items, assault or threatening assault, etc. Please see the code for student conduct for more details.)